Cloud-based MODFLOW applications are devleoped based on the Arc Hydro Groundwater (AHGW) tools. The applications contain a geodatabase storing the model information and customized tools and scripts that utilize Arc Hydro Groundwater tools together with general ArcGIS tools to automate complex workflows. The applications run on a server with a front end mapping GUI enabling users to execute MODFLOW simulations and view results as maps and PDF reports using only a Web browser.
A typical workflow contains the following components:
- Web based user interface for modifying MODFLOW input files (e.g. well pumping, recharge, etc.).
- MODFLOW simulation runs on a server.
- Simulation results are shown analyzed and presented as maps, summary tables, and PDF reports.
Key Advantages in automation of workflows include:
- Fewer errors.
- Greater efficiency.
- Substantial cost savings.
- Share MODFLOW inputs/outputs with a wide audience.
- Run MODFLOW simulations using only a Web browser.